Sunday 23 June 2013

22.06.13

As a rule I skip to the charity shops with joy in my heart, but the weather was awful yesterday (welcome to England!), and hence my enthusiasm was somewhat lacking. Luckily the weather doesn't affect the bargain forecast:


Sweet little mirrored drawers in British Heart Foundation. They have similar ones to these in Laura Ashley, and they're not cheap!


A pretty set of vintage dessert forks in a box - Dorothy House.


A very unusual vintage bag in Dorothy House, it almost looks like a doctor's kit?


I spotted these craaazy shoes in Julian House. They wanted £20 for them, which seemed pretty pricey to me, even if creepers are fashionable at the moment!

I thought that these old Clarks heels were rather pretty - I really like the cutout design in the leather.


Cow mugs with checkered saucers and general retro vibe.


I quickly did the rounds at the market, as usual. Gotta love a quality record player.


Interesting metal ram's head.


If you want to see weird crap, go to a market. It's a guarantee.


A reproduction retro coat rack in Save the Children. So funky!

I had one more charity shop to go, and felt proud/shocked that I hadn't managed to spend any money. The I got to Dorothy House No.2...


And bought this stunning art deco mirror! It was only £10, can you blame me?


I love old kitchen sets like these.


Pastel colours are great, so I was also rather partial to these ceramic plant pots.

To conclude this entry, I also now own possibly the most gorgeous top ever made:


A sheer black Lipsy top with beading and sequin detailing. It was like new and cost me a mere £6! Y'know how I'm drawn to shiny things.


Yup, definitely shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment